Thursday, March 26, 2009

Formalism

An artist has a certain way of building a piece of art. The way it is formed and how much an artist puts into their work, trying to get the audience to think about it. It's placement is an important thing too look at also. To me, this is formalism. It's How the artist puts their piece together.
Kandinsky portrays my definition of formalism in my eyes. His work builds on itself, it tells a story of something happening, not sure what the meaning behind it all is, but it's there. I would love to know what he was thinking, what inspired him to paint this piece of art. His work has so many things going on in a single piece.
I think that Kandinsky's art fits into formalism because his artwork is put into a certain form, it makes it appealing, visually and physically to the audience. It's form is good and and that's what makes it fit into this category.
Robert Malinowski is the artist i choose, his work has allot to do with feelings and relationships. A lot of my work including this project has to do with these same things.

No comments:

Post a Comment